Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Only Constant in this World


     ...is change. People come and go. Seasons change. Hellos and goodbyes. Life and death. It's a never ending flux, never standing still. The good times come with bad times in between, whether we like it or not. To be able to say, yes, I am indeed living and not just existing.

     Three years and a few months ago I experienced two major changes in my life: moving to another country to live there permanently, and changing my civil status. Yes, it's been three years, two months and thirteen days since I came to America. Three years, one month and twelve days since I walked down the aisle and became Mrs. Castillo. And never in a million years did I think those two things would ever happen to me at all. And yet here I am. A few other changes have happened in those three years - going back to school and learning a new skill, learning how to drive, surviving my road test to get my license (woohoo!!!), adjusting to life as someone's life partner for better or for worse. I've survived...still surviving. Still looking forward to what life will throw my way next.


© Margj Castillo, Between You and Me, 2010 - Present.

1 comment:

  1. Enough to remind us that nothing is forever in this life. That everything boils down to one thing: how you live the life that God gave you. Your life is really all up to you.And at the end of the day, you decide how happy, fulfilled, and blessed you want to become.God says in Isaiah 43:18-19, Forget about what has happened before, do not think about the past, instead look at the new thing I am going to do.Good day,Margj!

    ReplyDelete