Thursday, August 11, 2011

Alone

     ...while in a crowd, can be such a lonely feeling. While pairs or groups pass you by as you stand by yourself. No one to talk to, laugh with, maybe even cry with. People hurrying past or strolling leisurely, some arm in arm, the connections physical as well as emotional. There is a feeling of isolation akin to being stranded on an island all alone, yet you are in the midst of humanity. No one glances your way. No one offers a greeting of any kind. You are an island unto yourself.

     It might seem that the most sensible thing is to simply reach out. Leave your shell, little by little, to gain entry to the lives of those around you. But you don't have the courage. You like the safety of your shell. You convince yourself that looking in is quite enough. And so once more, in the midst of it all, you stay alone in the crowd.

© Margj Castillo, Between You and Me, 2010 - Present.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I have this feelings now and then. Sometimes I like it, but most times I don't. Who wouldn't want being around with friends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, me too...actually medyo madalas ko maramdaman yan dito...wala kasi kayo e :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel alone,even if i do have friends but they are far from me now, i also envy those people whom i see walking with hand in hand with their friends or someone special, because i misses my one who is so far from me.. Thanks for this post, it's my first time here and i enjoy a lot!:) thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for reading my post, sagittarian. i hope you don't feel lonely anymore. keep reading and blogging!

    ReplyDelete