Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Good, The Bad and the Just Plain Ugly


     This past week has been a mixed bag with me possibly coming into contact with probably the whole range of humanity - positive all the way to the negative. I met people who were very thankful, a joy to meet and speak with. People who seem to blow hot and cold. And of course, the ones who just seem to be permanently stuck on a**hole mode.

     In my line of work it is so satisfying to meet someone who appreciates even the littlest things that you do for them. It may all be just part of my job, but for them it gave them comfort and joy that makes them really grateful. They are effusive in their thanks, commend you on a job well done, and sometimes even come back bearing gifts to show their appreciation. Those gifts tend to go straight to my hips, but who's counting calories.

     Middle of the road are the people who seem to like what you're doing for them, seem to be reasonably decent and civil. That is, until for some you can't exactly put a finger on, they do an about turn and suddenly can't seem to stand you. And you're left wondering what it was that you did wrong, if indeed you did something wrong. Or maybe I'm just being overly sensitive and paranoid myself sometimes?

     That leaves me with the just plain nasty people. People who, once they get all riled up will just launch into full hissy fit mode and no matter what you say or do they are NOT gonna calm down. They'll yell, scream, throw blame, point fingers, get in your face. They won't listen, won't accept any apologies or explanations. It's their way or the highway. They're gonna throw a tantrum, period. You may not actually be the offending party, or they may not even be any reason to throw a tantrum at all but they're just gonna dump everything on you anyway. Add to that the person(s) actually at fault who is/are too cowardly to step up and take the blame. After all, it's easier to just let your coworker get all the heat, right? BULL!!!

     Good thing for people like these I'm not the type to hurl verbal abuse right back. Not so good for me, I know. Good for them I didn't get angry enough to start getting physical. For one thing I hate confrontations. My emotional reaction tends to translate right away to a physical one. And when that reaches boiling point, I explode. Hasn't happened yet, thank goodness. But don't blame me when things start flying and all hell breaks loose. That's just me getting pushed beyond my limits.

     This week ain't over yet...I just hope the ugly people stay where they are. Or else...


© Margj Castillo, Between You and Me, 2010 - Present.

7 comments:

  1. Those **hole and Bull, that's what scare me. Yeah, i know you as very gracious. So those mixed bag of good, bad and ugly people? they're unavoidable. Here.All.The.Time. As matter of fact, you can be that yourself in different situations with different people. So really, what comes around, goes around hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on malou, you know me...i'm basically a nice person. if someone apologizes to me, i'll accept the apology. and it takes a lot to get me angry. so yeah, i may have been like that in some situations, but believe me, never like what those people were to me earlier today. i definitely did not deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, you are one of the nicest people I know. No way you act mean or arrogant to anybody. Sorry for making your feeling worse. For those people, oh it so sweet to tell them to their cute little faces that they suck and they are full of sh**t! (ayan,nahawa na ako).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on people... in this "dog eat dog" world give them what they deserve but then again thats me and not you hahaha! just keep your cool lola M, you have a lot of those patience... i think i need them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ehe...sensya na lola m, just feeling a lil sensitive...feeling balat sibuyas ang lola nyo. just not a good day that day i guess.

    lola d, hahaha...don't worry, i do try to keep my cool...anyway, once they're knocked out for the procedure they don't really know what goes on...mwahahahaha (evil laugh ;-P)

    ReplyDelete
  6. buti ka pa 4 na followers mo..readers nasan na kayo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just write the blogs, lola m, and they will come...

    ReplyDelete