Saturday, September 22, 2012

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh....!

image from http://obeedesigns.tumblr.com/post/18553950131


     That pretty much sums up how I feel this weekend. Just three weeks into the semester and I'm already weighed down by all the readings, skills that need to be learned, exam, assignments, and online material from not just one but two different resources. And all these are just for one subject. I'm actually taking two subjects this semester but thank goodness the other one is not as demanding. Otherwise I'd be pulling out all my hair by now. I don't think bald is a good look on me. Then again, the sem's still early. I can still lose some hair by the time Christmas rolls around. Not a nice prospect when it's winter time and snow is falling.

     But this is all just venting. I'm glad I've finally started on the nursing program. Two weeks from now we'll be going on our hospital clinicals. We'll be dealing with actual patients, walking around in an actual hospital unit. It's exciting and kinda terrifying at the same time. Even with my medical assisting experience and background, I feel a kind of performance anxiety. It's going to be health care at a whole new level. At the very least I hope to uphold the directive of "do no harm". And that I don't do a face plant while on duty. Can you imagine doing that in front of a patient?

     Anyway, enough venting and goofing off. I hear my megaton textbook calling me.


© Margj Castillo, Between You and Me, 2010 - Present. 

6 comments:

  1. Haha I'll laugh harder if I see you go bald. Don't worry the rat looks nice. So maybe blond fur may suit you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "rat" called to protest and say that it's actually a hamster, lol...

      Delete
  2. venting somehow relieves stress. at leastyou're not shouting. lol


    just me,
    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phioxee, yeah it's better to vent so you just don't blow up one day :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. wow naman talaga... i admire your dedication to studies! i've lost that long ago.
    keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dio! It's kinda nice to keep learning things, keep the gray cells humming :)

      Delete